Hen of the woods (grifola frondosa= - Mycelium dowel
- Largest in Scandinavia in mushroom cultivation.
- Orders before 11.00 are shipped the same day.
- Free shipping on orders over SEK 1000
- Safe and easy checkout by card or invoice
- Questions? Call or email, we reply quickly!
Drill holes, insert dowels and seal with wax. The dowels are made of birch (8x30 mm) 100 dowels inoculates 3 meters of logs/stumps.
Hen of the woods is a rare and delicious mushroom. Note: Hen of the woods is an advanced mushroom and there is not a lot of experience from log cultivation. We think the best way is to inoculate stumps from old oaks, still with roots but logs can be inoculated and buried to 60% of their length to absorb water from the ground. Inoculated logs can be covered with plastic sheets and keept at room temperature for a few months for the mycelium to establish before burying outside. Soak the logs if necessary.